Saturday, May 12, 2007

Got No Time

This past week work was crazy as usual, but at least I haven't been putting in extra hours. Jeff is here, so we have been enjoying his company when he is not out with his friends. Right now at 9 o'clock at night, he is out fishing with his friends. It appears that there is a dock at Hough's Neck jutting out into the ocean. He plans to be there all night on the dock attempting to fish and socializing. If I can ever figure out how to upload old photos, I'll post pictures of him with the big fish he caught when he was 5 and 11.

Last night we had our Cub Scout finale banquet. This was the first time in the past 10 years that I was not part of the planning--I'm loving it--it's about time others started taking over the planning. Maybe they got sick of my agenda, which is fine with me--I'm burnt out anyway. The Cubs had a great time and I wasn't stuck in the kitchen this year.

In spite of going out to dinner three times this week, plus spaghetti with the Cubs, I lost 1 lb when I weighed in at Weight Watchers this week. Positive thinking and being good the rest of the week sure helped. Ken reached his 10% this week, too.

Oh, the SWAP, well I certainly have been thinking about it. I spent too much time trying to convert a file to jpeg so I can upload it onto my photo site. The problem is we have a Apple computer, which complicates things, since jpeg is not an option in the files I used to create my storyboard. If I had spent the time working on a jacket instead of the storyboard, I would have one piece done for the SWAP. I did wash and prepare my fabrics and they came out great--thankfully. Hopefully, next week this will get off the ground--out of the planning stage and into action.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, I'm giving my brain a rest. We are off to New Hampshire to visit my mother and the rest of the clan. I'm in charge of appetizers. Jeff suggested shrimp cocktail. Yes!! Yes!! Expensive, but easy--I need easy these days. I also picked up smoked salmon spread (this is a culinary orgasm, I tell you) and will make a grapes with cheese & crackers plate.

No comments: