Friday, May 25, 2007

It's the Long Weekend!!

Yeah, I'll have time to really get going on this SWAP. Tonight I plan to sew up the two jacket muslins I have cut out. If time permits, I will fit them, if not then that will be done tomorrow afternoon and hopefully, I will also be able to cut them out in the fashion fabric, too. I don't plan to line my two jackets, but rather I want to underline them in silk organza to cut down on the wrinkling, but still keep them cool. I also want to finish the seams with rayon seam tape which will give the insides a more finished look.


Ideas in my head are to topstitch the living daylights out of both of them, possibly eliminate the pocket flaps and the cuffs on the black linen jacket on the left (Burda 8483), just lengthen the sleeves a bit and finish them off with a slit. On the light mustard cotton jacket on the right (Simplicity 4328) I plan to have 3/4 sleeves and have added to the front of the jacket to allow me to button it. I have buttons already picked out for the Simplicity jacket since I had originally planned to make this last summer. I will have to go through my button stash to see what I have for the Burda black linen--since I have a whole box of various black buttons, I'm sure there is something that will call out to me.

Hopefully, I will be able to get these two out of the way by the end of the weekend. I need to complete these first in order to see how they work with the other pieces, especially the necklines and sleeves of the other garments.

No comments: